Wednesday 26 January 2011

I woke up in a strange place ...

Righty right ... Well embarrassingly this is my first blog of the year. There goes my new years resolution!! Anyhow I could blab on about how awfully 'busy' I've been but "Yea yea we're all bloody busy mate" says the aggravated White van driver sitting in his window behind my eyes. The fool is always the soothsayer. So firstly please let me apologise for being a layabout and let us proceed nearly onto my topic for today. Busy-ness. The art of being busy.

The oldest excuse in the book ... "Im sorry man. It's just I've been so busy ... you know ... with this and that". Really??!!

You see to be 'busy' these days carries such a vague sentiment that it shouldn't warrant as an excuse for not doing ... well ... Anything!! Nevertheless people still buy it faster than twenty quid plain White t-shirts from topshop. The human race really has taken busy-ness to new heights ... So busy we forget birthdays. So busy we leave the iron on. So busy that it then burns down our house!! So busy we only think of our friends rather than seeing them, so busy we can hardly think straight, we double book our plans ... Too busy to die, too busy to know we were even alive ... Once.

So with that in mind I have something for all the busy bodies of this world ... Maybe you could teach it to any busy people you see as busy people are FAR to busy to read other peoples thoughts or words. P.S. If you need to find a busy person word has it that if you board a train to London between about 5 and 7 most evenings there will be a few slumped drearily hither and thither.

Basically all you have to do is close your eyes and think of a smile, a mothers smile, a brothers smile, a lovers smile ... Think of all the happy times. Times of no regret, times of freedom, times of eternity, infinity. Just swim in it. You don't have to lose that feeling ever if you bear the feeling in mind. Absorb it, remember it. It gives you energy. Energy to be the best YOU you can be.

So I wrote this blog in a really strange strange mood ... Made stranger by the fact that it is like 9 in the morning. (I'm not a 9 o'clock person usually)
Anyhow we are recording today which is one of my favourite bits of playing music, along with gigging and writing (So - basically I love music!!) which will hopefully be with you ladies and gentleman in the ne'er so distant future. Also we got some sweet sweet pictures courtesy of Miss Kate Woods .... you guys should really go and check out all her stuff ... she's fucking brilliant. Go to http://katewoodsphotography.blogspot.com/

Take care amigos ... Will speak to you soon. If I'm not too busy!! :)

XX



Ooo ooo ... and I advise you to all get involved in a bit of Jeff Buckley .... a beautiful genius. Top tracks; So Real, Last Goodbye or Everybody Here Wants You. Please give me some love if your a Buckley fan aswell - maybe someone can point me in the direction of some rarer tracks of his??? Pwetty Pweeeeease!

2 comments:

  1. Very wise words..never be too busy for your friends as once you have noticed you failed to appreciate them it is usually too late :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you don't update this anymore. But whatever I will read every word from the beginning to the end from the end to the beginning..
    I'm so happy I found this..
    I love you

    xx

    ReplyDelete